Debug Data API Released for First Review
Join us to review the first public review of the Debug Data API specification!
At DAC 2015 we introduced Verification Academy attendees to a “New Verification Debug API” project at DAC. Since that time we have held several teleconferences and a face-to-face meeting as we have extended and refined what was presented at DAC to match use cases for portable debug data based on user feedback. The public group that is participating in this feedback and refinement is now reviewing the first version of the specification. While we invite everyone to download a copy and review it, you must be a member of the group to download it and post questions and comments. Everyone is welcome to join and there is not fee to participate, or just observe.
The Debug Data API is a modernized way to share waveform information than VCD. If VCD still works for you, don’t worry, we are not doing anything to change that flow. But we are looking to extend and augment a traditional live simulation vpi-scheme with one that works for post simulation run datasets as well. The specification is now being juxtaposed against use models to ensure that post-simulation waveform information can be used in a way you want to use it and in a more efficient way than you have available today. The plan is to avoid the pitfalls for multi-step translation processes and allow you to author a verification function or set of functions once and perform that function on any dataset from all producers.
We invite you to join with us in building this. Once you have joined, login and click this link to download the first version of the specification that is now out for review. In addition to being able to download the specification you will also be sent meeting notifications to join in with us if you wish.
Posted October 21st, 2015, by Dennis Brophy
- Developing Tests in Reverse with Portable Stimulus
- Formal Tech Tip: What are Vacuous Proofs, Why They Are Bad, and How to Fix Them
- How to Become a Formal Expert and Impress your Friends and Boss!
- Verification Academy Live Seminar: Portable Stimulus
- DVCon Europe 2017 Trip Report
- Safety-Critical Verification in DO-254
- How to Save a Ton of Time and Energy by Prioritizing Faults with Exhaustive Formal Analysis Before Launching Detailed Fault Verification
- Test Intent, Test Realization, and Separation of Concerns
- Portable Stimulus in Verification Horizons
- A glimpse into the journey of DVCon India 2017