Three Perfect 10’s
No, this is not an early Olympics update.
But none the less, these three organizations have all earned 10’s. Thursday, 28 January 2010 at EDSFair, JEITA EDA-TC the Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association’s standards group, celebrated their 10-year anniversary. The JEITA EDA-TC collaborates with the IEEE, Accellera and the Open SystemC Initiative. During the EDSFair opening remarks, JEITA announced their 10-year anniversary and recognized SystemC’s and Accellera’s 10-year anniversaries as well. Three organizations celebrated 10 years of bringing standards to the electronics industry.
Accellera and OSCI were invited to offer a welcome speech of congratulations to JEITA. As vice-chair of Accellera, I spoke on behalf of Accellera to a standing-room only crowd. Dr. Stan Krolikoski, treasurer of OSCI spoke on behalf of OSCI.
The engineers assembled heard from JEITA speakers under the theme that each of them is the best engineer in their company. Accellera and OSCI both reinforced their commitments to evolve and advance design automation standards to forge productivity and interoperability to help all the “number one” engineers to continue to be the “best engineers” they can be.
The following day, at the joint IEEE Design Automation Standards Committee (DASC) and JEITA EDA-TC standards meeting, Shigemi Saito (from Sony) and EDSF2010 executive committee chair and past chair of the EDA-TC standards activities announced his retirement from Sony effective at the end of the day. After 31 years with Sony, Saito-san will cast his sail and set a new course. He has been a friend of EDA standards for many years. And I thank him for this friendship and his help two years ago when the IEEE Standards Association held an educational seminar at “Sony Square” in Tokyo. The seminar opened with a welcome keynote from Sony’s Keiji Kimura, EVP, Corporate Executive Officer, Officer in Charge of Technology Strategies, Intellectual Property and Electronics Business Strategies. Kimura-san cited the importance of EDA standards as they underpin all electronic design and called out by name many that are used by Sony. I know Saito-san was instrumental to bring out the importance of EDA standards for Kimura-san to share. Saito-san, I wish you a happy retirement!
Posted January 31st, 2010, by Dennis Brophy
- IEEE-SA EDA & IP Interoperability Symposium
- Back to School: How to Educate Yourself and Your Colleagues About Formal and CDC Verification
- Mentor Announces Joint Portable Stimulus Contribution with Cadence, Breker
- Ready for a Verification Extravaganza in the Land of Verification Engineers?
- Conclusion: The 2014 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- How Formal Techniques Can Keep Hackers from Driving You into a Ditch, Part 2 of 2
- Part 12: The 2014 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Beating Design Complexity with VirtuaLAB
- Part 11: The 2014 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- How Formal Techniques Can Keep Hackers from Driving You into a Ditch, Part 1 of 2