What’s New in Advanced Packaging Design, Cabling Tools, Thermal Design, Medical Software Development, and Digital Data Storage
- Tools for Advanced Packaging Design Follow Moore’s Law, Too!
- Design Tools: Competitive Advantage
- Cooling Power Electronics at Room Level
- Medical Software Development – Where Safety Meets Security
- Digital Data Storage: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
High-density advanced packaging technology now requires a set of tools and flows that addresses both the early design optimization space and the manufacturability/reliability requirements. Mentor’s new Xpedition Substrate Integrator and Xpedition Package Designer directly addresses this new package design methodology.
Design Tools: Competitive Advantage
For automotive industry executives, a tool that “helps innovation” now scores above productivity and reducing cost and all the other tool attributes that traditionally were most valued. Glenn Reynholds from Mentor Graphics looks at ways to support innovation for electrical system design and harness manufactures.
Cooling Power Electronics at Room Level
Tech Design Forum
A key factor in the reliability of electronics is the operating temperature. To maintain that temperature within specifications with a high heat dissipation, a proper thermal design is required. Read how E-Cooling performs thermal and airflow design with FloEFD.
Medical Software Development – Where Safety Meets Security
Design World Online
The medical industry is seeing increased scrutiny for both safety and security in devices. Cybersecurity is becoming a must-have feature. Fortunately, there is significant overlap between the practices for safety and security, and it is vital to understand both the similarities and differences between the two principles.
To take advantage of the escalating market growth of digital data storage devices, engineers must accelerate the development cycle and avoid the risk of delivering under-tested and low-performing chips. In this three part series the author first examines the explosion in data. In part two he looks at hard disk drive verification and validation. In part three he reviews the state-of-the-art in solid state drives (SSDs) and proposes a methodology for the verification and validation of the SSD controller.
- Top Articles: IoT Security, Autonomous Drive, EMC Analysis, Litho Issues at 7nm, Arm TechCon
- Article Roundup: DDYA, 10/7nm, Industry 4.0, Automotive IC Design, Hardware Emulation
- Article Roundup: SSD Controller Emulation, IESF Automotive, Tool Interfaces, Verification Completion, HDAP
- Top Articles: Virtual Emulation, Autonomous Vehicles, TSMC Update, IoT Edge, Embedded Software
- Top Articles: Wally Rhines Interview, High-Level Synthesis, DFM, Analog IP Verification, Portable Stimulus
- Top Articles: Emulation Partnership, Autonomous Vehicles, DTCO, DVCon India, Multi-Board System Design
- Top Articles: FinFET Reliability, Enterprise IT, PCB Design, Functional Safety, Embedded Software
- IESF Automotive 2017: EE Architecture, Autonomous, Connectivity, Electrification
- SAE 2017 AeroTech: Aerospace Modeling & Simulation, Safety, Verification for DO-254
- Top Articles: Latch-Up Detection, ISO 26262, Industry 4.0, Virtual Emulation, Flexible Electronics for IoT