DVCon 2014: Standards on Display
One of the nice things about DVCon is the update one can get from the developers of IEEE and Accellera standards. And this year’s DVCon is no exception. The four days of DVCon begin and end with tutorials that cover updates to popular standards like UVM, UPF, SystemC and more. For our part, Mentor Graphics is participating in the development and delivery of these updates with our peers.
I have written in the past about the productivity challenges before us to address the verification crisis and the emergence of machine-to-machine communication and the Internet of Things driving power aware design and verification. To advance the demands on improved verification and help to address the verification crisis, the next round in the Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) standard is being readied for industry adoption. UVM 1.2, the emerging update will be covered in some detail in a Monday morning tutorial to help you learn “What’s Now and What’s Next.” Mentor Graphics’ Tom Fitzpatrick and Accellera Working Group representative will present in this tutorial.
UVM 1.2 is an active development project of Accellera and has not yet been released so there is no official standard available for download and use yet. I’ll share standardization details as they happen.
At the same time on Monday, those who are concerned with power aware design and verification can attend the tutorial on the Unified Low Power Format (UPF), or as it is officially called IEEE 1801™-2013. The tutorial will cover the full spectrum of UPF capabilities and methodology from basic to advanced applications. So if you are new to UPF and want to learn, this is a great tutorial to attend. And if you are already an expert, the advanced application of UPF as highlighted by those companies who have adopted UPF make this valuable for you as well. Mentor Graphics’ Erich Marschner and IEEE 1801 Working Group vice-chair will participate in this tutorial.
UPF is an official IEEE standard. Have you downloaded your copy yet? Accellera has worked with the IEEE to make no-charge access to the official standard for you. You can find the UPF standard here.
In the afternoon, there will be a session on case studies in SystemC. User and vendor presentations will explore use of this standard. SystemC offers much in the verification space, not just in technology but learning on how to bridge the RTL world with transaction level modeling world. Mentor Graphics’ John Stickley will review what we have learned and how you can apply it to your most pressing verification needs.
SystemC is an official IEEE standard. Have you downloaded your copy yet? Under the Accellera agreement with the IEEE, you can download SystemC standard here.
There is a lot more to DVCon than just the use of current standards and planning adoption of emerging standards. I encourage you to check out the whole agenda and join me at DVCon 2014 March 3-6.
Mentor Graphics presentations during the conference include:
- Tuesday Paper Sessions
- Amit Srivastava – Stepping Into UPF 2.1 World: Easy Solution to Complex
- Kenneth Bakalar – Interpreting UPF For A Mixed-Signal Design Under Test
- Gordon Allan – Tried and Tested Speedups for Software-Driven SoC Simulatio
- Tuesday Poster Sessions
- Rich Edelman – Debugging Communicating Systems: The Blame Game – Blurring
the Line Between Performance Analysis and Debug
- Matthew Balance – Tackling Random Blind Spots with Strategy-Driven Stimulus Generation
- Gaurav K. Verma – Supercharge Your Verification Using Rapid Expression Coverage as the Basis of a MC/DC-Compliant Coverage Methodology
- Andreas Meyer – So You Think You Have Good Stimulus: System-Level Distributed Metrics Analysis and Results
- Rich Edelman – UVM SchmooVM – I Want My C Tests!
- Thom Ellis – Are You Really Confident That You Are Getting the Very Best From Your Verification Resources?
- Jitesh Bansal – Is Your Power Aware Design Really X-Aware
- Wednesday Paper Sessions
- Avidan Efody – Wiretap Your SoC: Why Scattering Verification IPs Throughout Your Design Is A Smart Thing To Do
- Tom Fitzpatrick – Of Camels and Committees: Standards Should Enable Innovation, Not Strangle It
Mentor Graphics will host its traditional lunch at DVCon on Wednesday on the theme of Accelerating Verification. And we have lively panel participants for the Tuesday and Wednesday panels. And, as always, the Exhibit, CEO Keynote and Panels are open to all a no charge – you just have to REGISTER!
I look forward to seeing you there!
Posted February 11th, 2014, by Dennis Brophy
- Loading tweets...
- Loading tweets...
- Accellera Approves UVM 1.2
- Getting More Value from your Stimulus Constraints
- The FPGA Verification Window Is Open
- UVM DVCon 2014 Tutorial Video Online
- Mentor Enterprise Verification Platform Debuts
- New Verification Academy ABV Course
- DVCon 2014 Issue of Verification Horizons Now Available
- DVCon–The FREE Side
- More DVCon–More Mentor Tutorials!
- UVM 1.2: Open Public Review
- July 2014 (1)
- May 2014 (2)
- April 2014 (2)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (5)
- January 2014 (1)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (3)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (4)
- July 2013 (6)
- Part 7: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Walking in the Desert or Drinking from a Fire Hose?
- Part 6: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- A Short Class on SystemVerilog Classes
- Part 5: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 4: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- June 2013 (2)
- May 2013 (4)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (2)
- February 2013 (5)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (4)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (6)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (2)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (6)
- Intelligent Testbench Automation Delivers 10X to 100X Faster Functional Verification
- Part 9: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Verification Horizons DAC Issue Now Available Online
- Accellera & OSCI Unite
- The IEEE’s Most Popular EDA Standards
- UVM Register Kit Available for OVM 2.1.2
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (7)
- User-2-User’s Functional Verification Track
- Part 7: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 6: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- SystemC Day 2011 Videos Available Now
- Part 5: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 4: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 3: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (4)
- January 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (4)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (3)
- June 2010 (9)
- The reports of OVM’s death are greatly exaggerated (with apologies to Mark Twain)
- New Verification Academy Advanced OVM (&UVM) Module
- OVM/UVM @DAC: The Dog That Didn’t Bark
- DAC: Day 1; An Ode to an Old Friend
- UVM: Joint Statement Issued by Mentor, Cadence & Synopsys
- Static Verification
- OVM/UVM at DAC 2010
- DAC Panel: Bridging Pre-Silicon Verification and Post-Silicon Validation
- Accellera’s DAC Breakfast & Panel Discussion
- May 2010 (9)
- Easier UVM Testbench Construction – UVM Sequence Layering
- North American SystemC User Group (NASCUG) Meeting at DAC
- An Extension to UVM: The UVM Container
- UVM Register Package 2.0 Available for Download
- Accellera’s OVM: Omnimodus Verification Methodology
- High-Level Design Validation and Test (HLDVT) 2010
- New OVM Sequence Layering Package – For Easier Tests
- OVM 2.0 Register Package Released
- OVM Extensions for Testbench Reuse
- April 2010 (6)
- SystemC Day Videos from DVCon Available Now
- On Committees and Motivations
- The Final Signatures (the meeting during the meeting)
- UVM Adoption: Go Native-UVM or use OVM Compatibility Kit?
- UVM-EA (Early Adopter) Starter Kit Available for Download
- Accellera Adopts OVM 2.1.1 for its Universal Verification Methodology (UVM)
- March 2010 (4)
- February 2010 (5)
- January 2010 (5)
- December 2009 (15)
- A Cliffhanger ABV Seminar, Jan 19, Santa Clara, CA
- Truth in Labeling: VMM2.0
- IEEE Std. 1800™-2009 (SystemVerilog) Ready for Purchase & Download
- December Verification Horizons Issue Out
- Evolution is a tinkerer
- It Is Better to Give than It Is to Receive
- Zombie Alert! (Can the CEDA DTC “User Voice” Be Heard When They Won’t Let You Listen)
- DVCon is Just Around the Corner
- The “Standards Corner” Becomes a Blog
- I Am Honored to Honor
- IEEE Standards Association Awards Ceremony
- ABV and being from Missouri…
- Time hogs, blogs, and evolving underdogs…
- Full House – and this is no gamble!
- Welcome to the Verification Horizons Blog!
- September 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)