See You at DVCon 2013!
Learn about new standards, industry surveys and trends
This year’s DVCon is set and if you have not yet registered, you can do it now – or just show up! If you want to secure seating at some of the Monday tutorial events, I strongly encourage pre-registration to ensure you can secure a seat. And if you just want to see the exhibits and chat with suppliers, that’s free.
The IEEE low power format is set to close on its current round standardization shortly and DVCon is a great place to learn all about it from the experts. Harry Foster will update the DVCon attendees on design and verification trends over lunch on Tuesday and later that afternoon, Mentor CEO, Wally Rhines will offer this year’s DVCon keynote. His keynotes are always insightful and entertaining. And if you want to catch me, you can find me with the Mentor staff at the Mentor exhibit booth. Or just follow @dennisbrophy on Twitter and I will share info on paper presentations and other happenings. For more details on the events mentioned above, see below. For more information DVCon in general, visit the website at www.dvcon.org.
Monday | February 25th | 1:30pm – 4:30 | Fir Ballroom
Low Power Design, Verification, and Implementation with IEEE 1801™ UPF™
The past few years, the IEEE P1801™ (Unified Low Power – UPF) Working Group has been busy working on an update to the industry’s standard for low power design, verification and implementation. Accellera has brought together experts from many EDA tool suppliers and users for this tutorial. Attendees can expect to gain a detailed understanding of of the IEEE standard (concepts, terminology & features) as well as an understanding of the practical aspects to apply UPF in real world flows.
The following experts will be help you learn about the new standard – and will be available to interact with at the conclusion of the tutorial.
Tuesday | February 26th | 11:30am – 12:45pm | Pine/Cedar Ballroom
The Changing Landscape in Functional Verification: Industry Trends, Challenges, and Solutions
Presented by Harry Foster
Mentor Graphics invites you to join us for lunch—where we will present, for the first time publicly, highlights from this year’s Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study. Be the first on your block to learn the latest verification trends, challenges, and solutions.
Learn more, then register.
Tuesday | February 26th | 3:30pm – 4:30pm | Oak/Fir Ballroom
Speaker: Wally Rhines, Chairman and CEO of Mentor Graphics
As a thought provoking, timely, and informative presentation, this keynote session will focus on functional verification trends and the accelerated adoption of advanced functional verification technologies, methodologies and languages.
Learn more, then register.
Tuesday & Wednesday (February 26th & 27th)
3:30pm – 6:30pm
I look forward to meet up with those who attend DVCon. You can catch me at or around the Mentor booth for the last three hours of the conference.
Posted February 19th, 2013, by Dennis Brophy
- Loading tweets...
- Loading tweets...
- Loading tweets...
- Mentor Enterprise Verification Platform Debuts
- New Verification Academy ABV Course
- DVCon 2014 Issue of Verification Horizons Now Available
- DVCon–The FREE Side
- More DVCon–More Mentor Tutorials!
- UVM 1.2: Open Public Review
- DVCon 2014: Standards on Display
- Just because FPGAs are programmable doesn’t mean verification is dead
- Managing Verification Coverage Information
- Epilogue: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (5)
- January 2014 (1)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (3)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (4)
- July 2013 (6)
- Part 7: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Walking in the Desert or Drinking from a Fire Hose?
- Part 6: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- A Short Class on SystemVerilog Classes
- Part 5: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 4: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- June 2013 (2)
- May 2013 (4)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (2)
- February 2013 (5)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (4)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (6)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (2)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (6)
- Intelligent Testbench Automation Delivers 10X to 100X Faster Functional Verification
- Part 9: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Verification Horizons DAC Issue Now Available Online
- Accellera & OSCI Unite
- The IEEE’s Most Popular EDA Standards
- UVM Register Kit Available for OVM 2.1.2
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (7)
- User-2-User’s Functional Verification Track
- Part 7: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 6: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- SystemC Day 2011 Videos Available Now
- Part 5: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 4: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 3: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (4)
- January 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (4)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (3)
- June 2010 (9)
- The reports of OVM’s death are greatly exaggerated (with apologies to Mark Twain)
- New Verification Academy Advanced OVM (&UVM) Module
- OVM/UVM @DAC: The Dog That Didn’t Bark
- DAC: Day 1; An Ode to an Old Friend
- UVM: Joint Statement Issued by Mentor, Cadence & Synopsys
- Static Verification
- OVM/UVM at DAC 2010
- DAC Panel: Bridging Pre-Silicon Verification and Post-Silicon Validation
- Accellera’s DAC Breakfast & Panel Discussion
- May 2010 (9)
- Easier UVM Testbench Construction – UVM Sequence Layering
- North American SystemC User Group (NASCUG) Meeting at DAC
- An Extension to UVM: The UVM Container
- UVM Register Package 2.0 Available for Download
- Accellera’s OVM: Omnimodus Verification Methodology
- High-Level Design Validation and Test (HLDVT) 2010
- New OVM Sequence Layering Package – For Easier Tests
- OVM 2.0 Register Package Released
- OVM Extensions for Testbench Reuse
- April 2010 (6)
- SystemC Day Videos from DVCon Available Now
- On Committees and Motivations
- The Final Signatures (the meeting during the meeting)
- UVM Adoption: Go Native-UVM or use OVM Compatibility Kit?
- UVM-EA (Early Adopter) Starter Kit Available for Download
- Accellera Adopts OVM 2.1.1 for its Universal Verification Methodology (UVM)
- March 2010 (4)
- February 2010 (5)
- January 2010 (5)
- December 2009 (15)
- A Cliffhanger ABV Seminar, Jan 19, Santa Clara, CA
- Truth in Labeling: VMM2.0
- IEEE Std. 1800™-2009 (SystemVerilog) Ready for Purchase & Download
- December Verification Horizons Issue Out
- Evolution is a tinkerer
- It Is Better to Give than It Is to Receive
- Zombie Alert! (Can the CEDA DTC “User Voice” Be Heard When They Won’t Let You Listen)
- DVCon is Just Around the Corner
- The “Standards Corner” Becomes a Blog
- I Am Honored to Honor
- IEEE Standards Association Awards Ceremony
- ABV and being from Missouri…
- Time hogs, blogs, and evolving underdogs…
- Full House – and this is no gamble!
- Welcome to the Verification Horizons Blog!
- September 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)