Full House – and this is no gamble!
SystemVerilog proved to be a “royal flush” of a reason for 100’s of people to gather together.
Leaving poker references behind, two SystemVerilog User Group meetings were held in India in November. The Cliff Cumming’s “fan club” came out in force at both the Noida and Bangalore locations. When I asked the SVUG members if they had read any Cliff’s online work, nearly everyone raised their hands.
Since nearly 100% of those who registered showed up at the Noida event, I was almost certain we would have the same full house in Bangalore. We did! Registration for the event had to close just 4 days after opening.
By the end of each of the events, Cliff was surrounded by user group members who kept asking him questions about SystemVerilog, looking for him to autograph the OVM Cookbook giveaway, shake his hand, and have a picture taken with him.
While Cliff shared tips on how designers can easily adopt SystemVerilog Assertions, I shared the fruit of the Accellera Verification Intellectual Property Technical Subcommittee (VIP-TSC) work. Accellera recently published the approved Verification Intellectual Property Recommended Practices guide.
SystemVerilog users also participated when they gave presentations the last half of the day and engaged in brisk and deep conversations on the application of SystemVerilog for design and verification. All the presentations have been cataloged and can be viewed by those who were unable to attend.
We look forward to the next SVUG meetings in India!
Posted December 2nd, 2009, by Dennis Brophy
- Loading tweets...
- Loading tweets...
- Loading tweets...
- Mentor Enterprise Verification Platform Debuts
- New Verification Academy ABV Course
- DVCon 2014 Issue of Verification Horizons Now Available
- DVCon–The FREE Side
- More DVCon–More Mentor Tutorials!
- UVM 1.2: Open Public Review
- DVCon 2014: Standards on Display
- Just because FPGAs are programmable doesn’t mean verification is dead
- Managing Verification Coverage Information
- Epilogue: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (5)
- January 2014 (1)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (3)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (4)
- July 2013 (6)
- Part 7: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Walking in the Desert or Drinking from a Fire Hose?
- Part 6: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- A Short Class on SystemVerilog Classes
- Part 5: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 4: The 2012 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- June 2013 (2)
- May 2013 (4)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (2)
- February 2013 (5)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (4)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (6)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (2)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (6)
- Intelligent Testbench Automation Delivers 10X to 100X Faster Functional Verification
- Part 9: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Verification Horizons DAC Issue Now Available Online
- Accellera & OSCI Unite
- The IEEE’s Most Popular EDA Standards
- UVM Register Kit Available for OVM 2.1.2
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (7)
- User-2-User’s Functional Verification Track
- Part 7: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 6: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- SystemC Day 2011 Videos Available Now
- Part 5: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 4: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Part 3: The 2010 Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (4)
- January 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (4)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (3)
- June 2010 (9)
- The reports of OVM’s death are greatly exaggerated (with apologies to Mark Twain)
- New Verification Academy Advanced OVM (&UVM) Module
- OVM/UVM @DAC: The Dog That Didn’t Bark
- DAC: Day 1; An Ode to an Old Friend
- UVM: Joint Statement Issued by Mentor, Cadence & Synopsys
- Static Verification
- OVM/UVM at DAC 2010
- DAC Panel: Bridging Pre-Silicon Verification and Post-Silicon Validation
- Accellera’s DAC Breakfast & Panel Discussion
- May 2010 (9)
- Easier UVM Testbench Construction – UVM Sequence Layering
- North American SystemC User Group (NASCUG) Meeting at DAC
- An Extension to UVM: The UVM Container
- UVM Register Package 2.0 Available for Download
- Accellera’s OVM: Omnimodus Verification Methodology
- High-Level Design Validation and Test (HLDVT) 2010
- New OVM Sequence Layering Package – For Easier Tests
- OVM 2.0 Register Package Released
- OVM Extensions for Testbench Reuse
- April 2010 (6)
- SystemC Day Videos from DVCon Available Now
- On Committees and Motivations
- The Final Signatures (the meeting during the meeting)
- UVM Adoption: Go Native-UVM or use OVM Compatibility Kit?
- UVM-EA (Early Adopter) Starter Kit Available for Download
- Accellera Adopts OVM 2.1.1 for its Universal Verification Methodology (UVM)
- March 2010 (4)
- February 2010 (5)
- January 2010 (5)
- December 2009 (15)
- A Cliffhanger ABV Seminar, Jan 19, Santa Clara, CA
- Truth in Labeling: VMM2.0
- IEEE Std. 1800™-2009 (SystemVerilog) Ready for Purchase & Download
- December Verification Horizons Issue Out
- Evolution is a tinkerer
- It Is Better to Give than It Is to Receive
- Zombie Alert! (Can the CEDA DTC “User Voice” Be Heard When They Won’t Let You Listen)
- DVCon is Just Around the Corner
- The “Standards Corner” Becomes a Blog
- I Am Honored to Honor
- IEEE Standards Association Awards Ceremony
- ABV and being from Missouri…
- Time hogs, blogs, and evolving underdogs…
- Full House – and this is no gamble!
- Welcome to the Verification Horizons Blog!
- September 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)