PCB Developers are the Unsung Heroes of Innovation!

Over the past few years the big management buzz has been about innovation. Innovation is what drives companies forward – by introducing innovative products, goods, and services, companies are able to gain an edge and drive their business forward through differentiation and value.

However, innovation usually has been associated with the appeal of a product and not always its functionality. I mean it’s usually the mechanical design that gets the buzz…. If you look at “Fast Company’s” top ten of the most innovative design companies from February 2009 you will not see PCB designs or any electronics design being called out (http://www.fastcompany.com/fast50_09/lists/the-most-innovative-companies-in-design.html). What’s strange about this is that it’s really what’s inside that makes the difference.

There was an article in Time Magazine this week about the Smartphone wars. A former executive from Apple who is now leading the charge with the Palm Pre claimed that a hard-drive was the “soul of the iPod” (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1902833-2,00.html). It wasn’t the sleekness of the product, nor the internet music services, but the innards, the electronics inside that enabled the iPOD success. I doubt many people would think that a hard-drive made the difference – but that’s what happened according to an insiders’ account.

Mentor Graphics recognizes the fact that you are Heroes! You deserve recognition. We have been sponsoring the Technology Leadership Awards for more than twenty years to recognize excellence and innovation in the PCB development community. This is a platform for you to demonstrate the great innovation going on in PCB development. We encourage all of you to enter the contest today at www.mentor.com/go/tla.

Now – I would like to hear from you…. Why do you think we do not get our recognition? What more can we do to raise the profile of the value of PCB Engineering and Design? Let me know by replying to this post. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Post Author

Posted June 8th, 2009, by

Post Tags

, ,

Post Comments

8 Comments

About PCB Matters

Thoughts on PCB from our product experts at Mentor Graphics PCB PCB Matters

Comments

8 comments on this post | ↓ Add Your Own

Commented on July 29, 2014 at 7:29 am
By Mattie

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout
out and tell you I truly enjoy reading your articles.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same
subjects? Thanks!

Visit my web blog tutaj

Commented on August 12, 2014 at 12:21 am
By Bryant

I’ve been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners
and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more
useful than ever before.

Here is my blog post :: click

Commented on August 19, 2014 at 11:55 pm
By Miquel

Thanks for finally talking about > PCB Developers are the Unsung Heroes
of Innovation!

Commented on August 19, 2014 at 11:56 pm
By Miquel

Thanks for finally talking about > PCB Developers are the Unsung Heroes
of Innovation!

Commented on August 29, 2014 at 12:34 am
By Wyatt

Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended
up losing several weeks of hard work due to no backup.
Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?

Take a look at my web blog: więcej

Commented on September 12, 2014 at 1:07 am
By Lorraine

Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening.
I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put
this content together. I once again find myself spending way too much
time both reading and leaving comments. But so what, it was still worth it!

My website; check This out

Commented on September 18, 2014 at 12:25 am
By Maxwell

Fantastic web site. A lot of helpful information here.
I’m sending it to a few buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.
And certainly, thanks in your effort!

Have a look at my web blog; geoff (Maxwell)

Commented on September 18, 2014 at 4:06 am
By Rod

You actually make it appear so easy along with your
presentation but I in finding this topic to be actually something
which I feel I might never understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely extensive for
me. I’m having a look forward on your subsequent put up, I’ll attempt
to get the hold of it!

my blog – Geoff Mckay (Rod)